Car accidents are far too common in Charleston County, with our roadways earning a reputation as some of the most dangerous in the Palmetto State.
If you have been involved in a wreck, our auto accident attorneys can help you recover the damages you deserve. To get started, schedule your free consultation today!
Most Dangerous Highway Near Charleston, SC
Most locals will not be surprised to learn that U.S. 17 was named the most dangerous highway in the state. With accidents peaking in the summer months, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reported 82 fatalities in U.S. 17 from 2015 to 2017 (May through September).
Most Dangerous South Carolina Highway & Roadways
The Palmetto State comes in second nationwide for dangerous highways. The following highways rank highest for car accident fatalities:
- U.S. 17
- U.S. 1
South Carolina Car Accident Statistics
Here are some car accident statistics highlighting how common auto accidents are in the Palmetto State:
- Fatal collision: One every 9.5 hours
- Injuries: One every 8.7 minutes
- Fatal DUI collision (.08+): One every 28 hours
- Teen driver involved in a fatal or injury collision: One every 1.3 hours
- Bicyclist fatality: One every 21.5 days
- Motorcyclist fatality: One every 3.1 days
- Pedestrian fatality: One every 2.3 days
- Injury in a collision: One every 13.3 minutes
Common Car Accident Safety Tips to Avoid a Car Crash
Our North Charleston car accident lawyers recommend the following to keep your family save on the road ahead:
- Never drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Maintain a safe distance between your vehicle and the one in front of you, especially in low visibility or poor weather conditions.
- Check the forecast and traffic report, and give yourself extra time to reach your destination if necessary.
- Avoid distractions and keep your eyes on the road ahead. Do not use your mobile device, eat, apply make-up, etc. while behind the wheel.
- Do not drive while drowsy.
- Follow the speed limit and rules of the road.
- Drive defensively, assuming that other drivers are distracted.
- Watch your blind spot and exercise caution while changing lanes.
How To Find A Good Charleston Car Accident Lawyer
If you have been injured in a car wreck, it’s important to hire legal representation you can trust. To find the right auto accident attorney, keep these tips in mind:
- Check client reviews. Instead of solely looking at the personal injury law firm’s website, consult independent sources to see what clients have to say about the service they received.
- Ask about fees and terms. Many law firms operate on a contingency basis, meaning that you don’t pay unless your auto accident attorney wins your case. It’s a wise idea to confirm this, and to inquire about additional costs for expert witnesses, resources, etc.
- Learn more about local experience. Ask your Lowcountry attorney about similar car accident cases that they have handled here in Charleston County and the surrounding areas. This gives you a better idea of the personal injury law firm’s experience here at home.
For more helpful tips on finding a good Charleston car accident lawyer near me, click here.
Discover A Good North Charleston Personal Injury Attorney Near Me | Charleston Lawyer Near Me
Have you been hurt in an auto accident in Charleston County? Our experienced team will advocate for you, providing legal advice when you need it most.
Simply call (844) 431-4024 for trusted legal representation when you’re in a car accident, motorcycle accident, trucking accident, wrongful death, slip & fall or other personal injury claims. The Mike Hostilo Law Firm can help! Don’t just take our word for it, you can see honest reviews about our genuine legal work for yourself.
With skilled North Charleston car accident lawyers at the ready, our Lowcountry law firm has experience handling cases like yours – and securing maximum compensation for accident injuries.
Let’s get started! Schedule your free consultation today!
You can find us serving accident injury victims in the following areas:
SOUTH CAROLINA LAWYERS
(Park of Commerce) Savannah, GA
(Abercorn) Savannah, GA
Phenix City, AL
More Helpful Car Accident Blogs:
Understanding Motorcycle Helmet Laws In South Carolina
Hiring A Charleston Lawyer: How To Find A Good North Charleston Car Accident Lawyer?
3 Car Insurance Policy Add-ons You Need to Know Before a Car Accident
5 Tips on What to Do After a Car Accident | Car Crash Lawyer Explains
Can Whiplash Cause a Brain Injury?
Common Causes of Distracted Driving
Delayed Pain After a Car Accident
How Can I Pay My Medical Bills After a Car Accident?
How Do I Pay for Repairs After a Car Accident?
How Long Does It Take To Finalize An Auto Accident Settlement?
My Injuries After a Car Crash Were Delayed, Can I File a Claim?
Texting and Driving: 9 Facts on Texting and Driving | Distracted Driving
The Dangers of Driving When Tired
The Importance of Wearing a Seat Belt | Auto Accidents
What Are the Most Common Car Accident Injuries? | Car Crash Facts
Why Are Fatal Car Accidents on the Rise Nationwide?