If you have been injured in a car accident, the healing process is difficult enough without dealing with insurance adjusters’ constant calls.
When responding, it’s important to remember that the insurance company is not on your side. That’s why, at The Mike Hostilo Law Firm, your personal injury attorney will handle all communication with the insurer. Read on for details.
Insurance adjusters’ primary goal is to get you to accept a smaller settlement than you deserve. Their repeated calls can be frustrating, but the proper response is key. To ensure you recover the damages you deserve, our lawyers recommend the following:
1. Record the insurance adjuster’s and company’s name, address, and phone number. 2. Provide your full name, address, and telephone number.
3. Take some notes during your conversation to ensure you remember the finer details.
4. Ask the insurance adjuster if they are aware of any witnesses.
5. Be very general in describing your injuries. Simply tell the adjuster that you will provide a complete medical description once your doctor has conducted a complete assessment.
1. Never agree to a recording of the conversation.
2. Do not let your guard down. The adjuster will likely try to make small talk to earn your trust, but it is best to just stick to the facts – like the location, date, time, and type of accident.
3. Do not sign anything or agree to anything specific.
4. Refrain from answering family questions. There is no legal obligation to divulge details about your family.
5. Remember that you are not required to identify witnesses, or to even provide your doctor’s name.
Entrusting your claim to an experienced auto accident attorney is best. Attorney Mike Hostilo and our team will fight to maximize the compensation you receive, making sure you never settle for less! We’ll handle all the heavy lifting, including communication with the insurance adjuster. If you have been injured, contact our team as soon as possible.
For high-quality legal advice for an accident claim, Mike Hostilo Law Firm is ready to help. Our experienced personal injury attorneys have a track record of success – and we can’t wait to put our experience to work for you! Schedule your initial free consultation today!
GEORGIA PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS
SOUTH CAROLINA PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS
ALABAMA PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS
More Helpful Car Accident Blogs: